So really, the kid's meal at Chik-Fil-A... their "toy" recently was a CD to learn how to speak Italian. It wasn't even one aimed towards kids, just a CD with English and Italian phrases for you to repeat. What a joke, right?? Did they just get a bunch of these donated and decide they could be a toy? Or was this really the brainchild of some big-wig at the company? I thought it would be such a flop...

Boy was I wrong. The day we received it, Avery has been totally in to practicing her Italian. Maybe you won't think its as funny as I do... but it brings to mind one of my favorite scenes from "Friends". Remember when Phoebe was trying to teach Joey how to speak French? I can't even explain it, you just have to see it. Here's Avery's interpretation...

7 comments

  1. Unknown on May 12, 2008 at 5:52 AM

    Oh my, I loved it and Meghan did too!

    I can't wait to see you all so soon!

     
  2. j.ro on May 12, 2008 at 7:58 AM

    oh, cusi-cusi, brought back memories of italy! apparently it's the only thing i remember how to say. she's a natural!

     
  3. Adam on May 12, 2008 at 9:34 AM

    That's hysterical.

     
  4. The Way EYE See It... on May 16, 2008 at 6:27 AM

    I took a language acquisition course in college -- this is prime learning time for language(s) before all those phonemes disappear from underuse!

     
  5. kelly dwyer on May 20, 2008 at 6:56 PM

    This note is for Avery...

    Buon Giorno! Come stai? siete genitori sono belle persone. e tu sei una bella ragazza.

    ciao bella

     
  6. Bob Thompson on May 22, 2008 at 4:10 PM

    Very cute. I can't wait for you guys to come visit. BTW, I dig the shaggy hair length, Smitty.

     
  7. Kenna on June 21, 2008 at 8:54 AM

    That's awesome! I remember thinking the same thing about the Chick-Fil-A toy, but ours was speaking Chinese! Needsless to say, we did not practice ours.

    She is adorable and the girls loved watching it. And, my kids do the SAME thing with their backpacks. I think half of their contents in their room go with us wherever we go, and then somehow it all ends up in my purse!