Before I get to the a report on the most amazing weekend ever, here's a super cute picture of Oliver!
Ok... now to the Girls Weekend!! Oh my goodness. It was amazing. I really can't put into words how fun and relaxing it was... but I'll try! First of all, we stayed here.
It was heavenly. Simply heavenly. Close to everything, super comfy, and most importantly- filled with some amazing friends! So Erica, Jen, Liz and I all headed to Coronado Island for some serious girl time! We talked and talked, encouraged one another, challenged one another, made fun of each other, and laughed harder than most people on the island! It was so fun! These women are such a blessing to me! Their kids are a bit older so they are filled with perspective and wisdom- with a little bit of sympathy thrown it!

We participated in several of the most relaxing activities you can imagine...sleeping in, naps on the beach, pedicures, jacuzzi time, more laughter, amazing restaurants, and a chick-flick! Phew! I relax a little just thinking about it!
We started off the weekend with a healthy dose of mexican food! Ya know how little jokes don't really translate on "paper"? Well, this is a picture of one of those jokes. We'll just say straws and sipping in a silly fashion can simultaneously mock your friends and get you out of a sticky conversation. We'll just leave it at that.
The girls in front of the Hotel del Coronado. We ate here a couple of times. Um... yum.
The whole clan getting ready to depart.
Oh, woe is us. Our flight was delayed and we had to stay in San Diego for a few more hours. Better head to happy hour at this place on the water, overlooking the San Diego skyline. Boohoo. Such gorgeous girls!!!

1 Comment

  1. Stacey on June 24, 2009 at 11:46 AM

    Stephanie:
    You need to post a new blog, because each time I check this and see "Girls' Weekend" as the title, it stirs up envy in my heart. And that is just not good. Though I am quite happy that you got to get away from the kids and relax and see the ocean and get pedicures and hang with awesome friends, it makes me crazy jealous.