Today we finally assembled Avery's new bike trailer that we bought at Target a few days ago. (Thanks Grandpa and Grandma Smith for the contribution!) And it turns out that Avery just LOVES this thing. Mommy, on the other hand, found out just how hard it can be to pull an extra 50ish punds behind you- in a much more hilly environment than we had in Muncie, and she is planning on being sore tomorrow. I (Jeff) don't have a bike, so I wasn't on the trip, but Steph told me that it got pretty difficult after a while. I think she's gonna give it another go tomorrow, though, and she's also assured me that there's nothing to be ashamed of if I decide to ride her bike. (I think I almost believe her, but I'm having trouble shaking some deeply-ingrained feelings about boys on girls' bikes, I think related mostly to my middle-school buddies making fun of some other poor kid.) So anyway, I just thought these pictures were cute, so I thought I'd share them with you.



I'll leave you with one more picture. Nothing special was going on, except that we were eating dinner and Avery held up her slice of cheddar and said "Cheese," as she smiled. It might be her first pun, albeit unintentional.

5 comments

  1. sarah b-rown on August 11, 2007 at 8:11 AM

    I'm glad you post so often; it's fun to read your stories!! So... football season is coming. I'm trying to be excited about the Colts, but the idea of Smithless football is disheartening.

     
  2. Bob Thompson on August 11, 2007 at 8:51 AM

    I'm glad that I am somehow latently rubbing off on Avery. Jeff and Steph, you're welcome :-).

     
  3. The Way EYE See It... on August 11, 2007 at 12:06 PM

    puns...hahah

    I can't imagine pulling that chariot/sled thing in the mountains. Eek!

     
  4. Unknown on August 11, 2007 at 2:26 PM

    I don't even want to think about pulling my 20 pounder on a flat surface in one of those things. You have given me courage to give it a go!

    Love you all!

     
  5. j.ro on August 12, 2007 at 1:23 PM

    avery with a bike helmet on ... too cute!