Hey Friends! So Jeff and I just finished watching the movie "Once". And, I have to say.... huh? We didn't get it! Why do you all like it so much? If you love this movie, you have to leave a comment and convince us that it is awesome.

We did like the music. I thought it was boring. Jeff was entertained by the musical process. Y'all said the love story was awesome... what love story? Didn't he go back to someone who was unfaithful and she return to someone that she referred to as an idiot? I know she was married and all and so that's nice that she was true to her marriage.

But, I don't know people... I need some help understanding the love of this movie. I only blog about it because of the crazy raving that has been going on.... so let's have some education for the Smith Fam! We're ready.

3 comments

  1. Bob Thompson on February 11, 2008 at 6:26 AM

    I liked 'Once' because:
    1. It was believable. The fact that they used actors and not musicians made the story feel more real than your average movie. And the fact that they didn't end up together made it more real too. I wouldn't say that it was a great love story, but I thought it was a good movie.
    2. The music was gorgeous... I mean, gorgeous. And it was emotionally charged and rich. I think that took me by surprise and helped me to really like the movie.

    I guess that's it. Perhaps the fact that people built it up led to the letdown. I didn't really have any expectations when Sarah and I watched it. Looks like you need a cinematic chaser... go see Hot Rod!

     
  2. Unknown on February 11, 2008 at 9:44 AM

    Hey Smiths...

    We really liked Once but had never heard of it before we saw it in the movie store. I think Bob's right that the build up to it may have been too much for you.

    We really liked it because it was different and the music was great. We also really like movies that have a more independent feel to them instead of big screen action.

    I don't know that I would have ever called it a love story.

    Sorry it got such hype and then you didn't like it. It happened to me with Napoleon Dynamite.

     
  3. Stacey on February 11, 2008 at 1:53 PM

    I was looking forward to it, love story, Valentine's Day coming up.....but now you've ruined it for me.
    j/k
    Guess I'll just borrow the soundtrack from someone.
    :)