Well, it's week 13 in the life of Baby Smith and apparently he/she is the size of a peach. I went to the dr today and heard the heart beat- everything sounded great! So, looks like things are going well. It's helped my psycho-ness and helped me feel a lot more reassured. I still have moments where I say, "I guess I'm really pregnant". Weird, I know... but I'm hormonal and can't help it....right???
Avery has named the baby Taco Bell or Tortilla depending on when you ask her. She and Jeff were having a conversation at Taco Bell- and she's a Smith, so she loves Taco Bell- which is where the fascination with mexican food names has come from. She's convinced it's a little sister. We'll see! For those of you inexperienced in babyness, we will find out in mid-April.
Now it's time for another Avery quote! We were discussing dinner options tonight- we need to go to the store so we had nothing to make... eating out for the Smiths. Jeff says, "I could eat some Arby's, that sounds good." Avery says in the absolutely most appalled voice you could every imagine coming out of a 3-year-old, "Daddy, you're going to eat Barbies????" tee hee.

7 comments

  1. j.ro on February 26, 2008 at 9:12 AM

    super sweet! glad to hear all is well. so good to catch up last night! can't wait to meet Taco Bell Smith in the near future!

     
  2. Amy on February 26, 2008 at 7:00 PM

    Somewhere I have a softball that says "Baby Smith is approximately the size of this softball." Can't throw away a good ball, even if others might be very confused by the writing.

    I'm excited for you!

     
  3. Jo on February 27, 2008 at 10:38 AM

    Tortilla Smith....I like it!!

     
  4. The Way EYE See It... on February 28, 2008 at 6:28 AM

    I think you should look into some corporate naming rights/endorsements. Fiesta Platter Smith could pay for him or herself and have a college fund to boot! Sports teams do it...why can't you? ;)

    Congrats again and I am glad things are going well.

    Avery should know that Barbies don't taste good...not enough meat on them! (is that inappropriate?)

     
  5. Mechanicalme on March 2, 2008 at 6:10 PM

    Yo Quiero Taco Bell Smith!

    You should at least give the kiddo the middle name Tortilla! or Fresca (since that's their big healthy taco bell kick!)

    Has anyone else noticed the Purple Hot sauce packets? What's up with that?!

    Congrats again on the peach!

     
  6. sarah b-rown on March 5, 2008 at 2:23 PM

    can't wait to meet a new Smith!! i'm praying that there will be no complications and that you will be healthy! thanks for posting.

     
  7. ek on March 7, 2008 at 9:31 AM

    miss you. it was good to hear about the new baby.