It's time. It's time that Jeff gets some serious props for all of the hard-work he's been doing around here. Right now there are squeals of joy coming from a 3 year old in the basement playing "soccer ball" with her favorite person ever. Shortly, they will be going to the park and to Taco Bell while I go hang out with my friend. This, after an entire day of nursery painting- where Jeff did lots of stuff he didn't want to do (2nd coat of blue, start of the baseboards, deal with said 3 year old who wants to "watch").
Here's the deal. I'm kind of useless around here lately. Sure, I've got a big baby messin' with some stuff... something is going on with my elbows where I can't do much that requires fine motor skills (i.e. painting). But here's how Jeff responds- I sleep in most days. I started the painting project, painted for maybe an hour, got too tired or painful, and Jeff continued to paint for the next six hours. He's fixed everything around here. I rest on the couch. He's constantly playing with Avery. I play solitaire on the computer. He gets me stuff upstairs all of the time. He's always straightening up the garage and the basement. He's getting his master's degree. He's got to go study. But he doesn't stress and happily paints the nursery.
Gotta go hang with my friend. Hard-worker of the year. Good ole' Jeff.

4 comments

  1. j.ro on July 18, 2008 at 7:34 AM

    i'm so thankful for hubs like Jeff! That baby's comin' soon Steph. I don't envy the stage you're at for a minute! Go Team Smith!!

     
  2. Bob Thompson on July 18, 2008 at 8:05 AM

    Well done, Jeffrey ole' chum! Way to be a man's man. Hope you start feelin' better, Steph. I miss all three of you dearly!

     
  3. Jo on July 21, 2008 at 4:57 PM

    You're awesome Jeff!!! Way to be a super husband/father/home-owner/fixer/student/teacher all at the same time!! You rock!! And Steph...I'm so glad you have him as your husband!! You just take care of you and baby Smith #2! Can't wait to see you all as a family of four! :)

     
  4. The Way EYE See It... on July 23, 2008 at 7:27 AM

    way to go Jeff! Or W00t! (as the kids say). On second thought, do "kids" really say that? Or are said kids who used to say that now 20-somethings who think that is "so last year" -- shoot. "So last year" is probably so last year...or maybe 20 years ago.

    Whatever! Good job nonetheless. New haircut too?