The big 3-4 came and went on tax day, and I'm feeling pretty good about being a year older. For those of you who don't know, I tend to view my birthday as a week-long festival! I love my birthday and the more celebrating I can do, the better! We had a nice family celebration on Tuesday, Jeff and I went out to dinner on Wednesday, and we'll go out with other couples on Saturday (no kids!!)! Pretty excited!
I got this and this from the hubs... and then the presents really kicked up a notch! I got this...

Woo Hoo! We accepted the counter-offer on this house and this is where we'll be living for the next lots and lots of years!!! It's only about 10 minutes away from where we live now and we can't wait to get in there! It's bank-owned, so there have been some scary things in the negotiation process but hopefully we're in the clear. The inspection is on Tuesday, so hopefully everything will check out and we'll be good to go to move in May! Here are a couple of other pics! Here's the living room...

And the dining room...
Hopefully this house will provide as many fun memories as the old Rambler Rd. house did! We think we're really going to like living here!


The other giant thing I got for my birthday is....
Ta daaaa! Nope, I did not receive a stuffed stork with a blue bear in its mouth... we received the news that we're having a BABY BOY!!! We can't believe it! We were all somehow convinced it was a girl- I'm not sure why, but we sure were! But the doc seemed pretty convinced it was a boy! So I guess we'll be buying a lot of blue stuff! Jeff and I went for our traditional 'go buy the new baby an outfit when you find out the gender' shopping trip and I couldn't steer away from the girl clothes and Jeff just needed something with a truck on it. He's pretty pumped about the toys he'll be playing with in the semi-near future! He's quite tired of this game!
So, it was quite a week! I'm 34 (yikes), bought a home, and having a boy! I'm tired just thinking about it- better go to bed!




4 comments

  1. The Way EYE See It... on April 18, 2008 at 4:13 AM

    Whew! Sounds like you had the BEST WEEK EVER! :) It almost compares to your brother-in-law's "baby gender, ask Obama a question, shake Obama's hand" week. :)

    Looks like a great place! Is it closer to Jeff's school?

     
  2. slivengo on April 18, 2008 at 6:12 AM

    Happy Birthday Steph! What an awesome week you've had! Congrats on all of the exciting news - a new house and sweet baby boy! Whoo hoo! So great that you're having a boy. What's Avery think?

    We recently bought a bank owned home as well. Ours was NOT so nice inside. Yours is beautiful! Everyone will be wanting to visit you and ski during the winter!

    Have a great weekend!

     
  3. j.ro on April 18, 2008 at 7:01 AM

    yay yay yay for boys!!

    i LOVE the house! can't wait to visit!

    what are scary negotiations? just curious :o)

    congrats and happy birthday again!

     
  4. Cara S. on April 18, 2008 at 12:38 PM

    Congrats on the new house AND the new baby boy! Having one of each is awesome, and I'm sure Avery will be a great big sister. It's been fun for us to watch Payton fill that role with Brady. Thanks for sharing your blog address. We have one too! (syersfam.blogspot.com)

    Have a great weekend!

    Cara Syers